Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter is Everything

I have a reason to hope that has nothing to do with anything I could ever do or say. The very sin that bores a hole in my soul is soothed and healed by the blood and resurrection of Jesus Christ, Son of God. Many times we rightly say, "It's not about me" but when it comes to His death and resurrection it is about me - and you. He loves you and me to death and back.

On Easter our hope is confirmed. Our fellowship in Him is renewed.

The celebration of heaven extends to mortality a little more because we're more in touch with the reason for the faith we have. Easter is everything.

That we would infuse our fellowship with that same electric joy of the resurrection every day.

I serve a risen Savior He's in the world today
I know that He is living whatever men may say
I see His hand of mercy I hear His voice of cheer
And just the time I need Him He's always near

He lives! He lives!
Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me
Along life's narrow way
He lives! He lives!
Salvation to impart
You ask me how I know He lives
He lives within my heart

Rejoice, rejoice O Christian lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs to Jesus Christ the King!
The hope of all who seek Him,
The help of all who find
None other is so loving so good and kind...

6 comments:

imfreenow.blogspot.com said...

Looks to me like you solved your problem about praise!

Beth E. said...

We sang this song at church this morning! Hallelujah...He Is Risen!

katdish said...

Oh, I love that old hymn! Also, nice follow up post from the peeps/cadbury eggs one.

Booty, God, booty.

I hope you had an amazing weekend.

Paul Wilkinson said...

Everything about that hymn is so musically uncool by today's standards, but for me, that hymn -- plus a few others -- IS Easter Sunday.

Once Chris Tomlin covers it, it will be cool again.

Anonymous said...

We sang that song too. Kickin it old school! It's a great song, and our worship leader can make any old song sound like new.

Handyman Parker said...

Awesome bllog you have here