Monday, October 20, 2008

He's The Glue

Oh yes, I forgot today is his birthday. As he's walking out the door for work common sense jolts me and I yell "Happy Birthday!" Then I give him a hug and he laughs. He's the glue that holds us together and like I've said before, I definately married up. I don't know how I got so lucky, but this I can tell you. 15 years ago when we first met I knew I was done dating around. I would say, "I found a good thing" but that would be an understatement. It's better said, "A good thing found me." We're riding life's rollercoaster together and so far neither one of us has puked so I'm taking it as a good sign. Here's our song. It was played at our wedding but it ain't your typical wedding song. Regardless, it still rings true...



Always

10 comments:

Beth said...

I love reading about your family. Guess what our wedding song was? "Taking You Home" by Don Henly. Thought you would appreciate that... :)

Anonymous said...

If this song had existed when my husband and I got married, we SO would have had it as our recessional :o).

Christy said...

So sweet. Happy B-day to your hubby.

Stacy from Louisville said...

Beth,
That is awesome. I love me some Henley.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Wonderful post and love the song...that is one of my favorite movies

LeLe said...

"The Wedding Singer" is one of those movies I stop and watch everytime I flip through the channels and see if on VH-1. Love that song! And happy birthday to the hubs.

Anonymous said...

This is a shout out to Mr. Wonderful, as I know you stalk this blog:
(READ SHOUTING)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
I KNOW YOU REALLY LOVE ME
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Dan, What you didn't realize when you got married was how lucky you would be to get me!
josistainlaw

Brenda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mr. SFL, Dan!!!

Marni said...

Happy Birthday Dan from Louisville!

Anonymous said...

nawww.. i love that song and that movie!!!

happy late birthday, mr. Dan :D